anyone Mojo Cabs ??

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

anyone Mojo Cabs ??

Postby antosimoni » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:38 am

Id like to get a straight 4x12 Marshall bottom cab repro from Mojo, are they good? the price is interesting so Id like to get some feedback from you guys
thanks a lot
in loudspeakers we trust
antosimoni

Re: anyone Mojo Cabs ??

Postby Roe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 am

I got one which sounds excellent but the backplate vibrated quite a lot so I had to add rubber to tame it
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39
Roe

Postby antosimoni » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 am

good to know thanks for sharing, was the shipping price high (Im also in old EU) ??
in loudspeakers we trust
antosimoni

Postby Roe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:26 am

yeah shipping is expensive
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39
Roe

Postby Maverick » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah Mojo is great, I think with these guys in NC building some of the best cabs around and not to mention saving a lot of money for cabinets elsewhere and probably even made from the same pile of wood!??!?!?!? BUT.......................... My buddy KEN JONES in Kernersville builds the best~ :clap:
Akme Guitars
Maverick

Postby Brian Wallace » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Talking with Ken on the phone is a blast.
Patience is a virtue.

Wallace amps

Wallace forum
Brian Wallace
Supporting Advertiser

Postby Scumback Speakers » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:43 am

Maverick wrote:Yeah Mojo is great, I think with these guys in NC building some of the best cabs around and not to mention saving a lot of money for cabinets elsewhere and probably even made from the same pile of wood!??!?!?!? BUT.......................... My buddy KEN JONES in Kernersville builds the best~ :clap:

Have to disagree. I've seen the Mojo cabs up close, after buying three for clients. Inconsistent hardware, screws that were stripped, etc.

I took the mistakes they made, avoided them, and make superior cabs. I think you'd find that John @ Stone Age and George @ Metro make their own cabs differently from Mojo for the same reasons.

When you own real old Marshall cabs and compare a Mojo to them, you'll see the differences I'm talking about. They're a fair cab, but by no means, or measure, the best, or even some of the best.
ScumBLACK Friday Sale, now through December 1st, 2014
Thanks Metro Forum Members!
Scumback Demo Video
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM"
Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Postby Jim Fairbairn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 am

Maverick wrote:Yeah Mojo is great, I think with these guys in NC building some of the best cabs around and not to mention saving a lot of money for cabinets elsewhere and probably even made from the same pile of wood!??!?!?!? BUT.......................... My buddy KEN JONES in Kernersville builds the best~ :clap:

Maverick,

Is Ken building the Germino and/or Reinhardt cabs? Also what is the contact info for Ken? Thanks.

Jim
Jim Fairbairn

Postby Maverick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Scumback Speakers wrote:

Have to disagree. I've seen the Mojo cabs up close, after buying three for clients. Inconsistent hardware, screws that were stripped, etc.

I took the mistakes they made, avoided them, and make superior cabs. I think you'd find that John @ Stone Age and George @ Metro make their own cabs differently from Mojo for the same reasons.

When you own real old Marshall cabs and compare a Mojo to them, you'll see the differences I'm talking about. They're a fair cab, but by no means, or measure, the best, or even some of the best.

:roll:
Akme Guitars
Maverick

Postby Maverick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Jim Fairbairn wrote:

Maverick,

Is Ken building the Germino and/or Reinhardt cabs? Also what is the contact info for Ken? Thanks.

Jim

Yes, Ken is doing those, Germino has been doing marshalls for years I remember attending one of the very first amp fests and Greg was there with every marshall style you could think of.......the rest of these guys are riding coat-tails!

:jimi:
Akme Guitars
Maverick

Postby Scumback Speakers » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Maverick wrote:
Scumback Speakers wrote:

Ok Mav, I'm too close for missiles, switching to guns.

LOL, not sure who you think is riding who's coat tails here, Maverick, but I'm pretty sure when Greg and I talked (we are friends, by the way), we've concluded that I have/had a few more vintage cabs than he has. Last time I checked I'd had over 60 in my possession, and still own about 10 from 68-74.

And as for the Mojo quality/attention to detail, it's obvious you haven't ever taken one apart and compared it to another cab. I have. You'll get a new found appreciation for consistency in build details and quality if you do.

Look, you can be all fanboi for Greg, that's fine, but if you're going to start :roll: in replies, you'd better figure out who you're talking to about a subject first. You have definitely strayed out of your knowledge comfort zone and into mine.

Over and out. :lol:
Last edited by Scumback Speakers on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scumback Demo Video
Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Postby Maverick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Was I replying to you scumbag? not!
Akme Guitars
Maverick

Postby Scumback Speakers » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Maverick wrote:Was I replying to you scumbag? not!

Oh gee, I guess you need it personalized. Ok, I fixed it for you since you couldn't see the correlation.
And yes, you were replying to me, Mav.

:lol:
Scumback Demo Video
Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Postby Maverick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Scumback Speakers wrote:
Maverick wrote:Was I replying to you scumbag? not!

Oh gee, I guess you need it personalized. Ok, I fixed it for you since you couldn't see the correlation.
And yes, you were replying to me, Mav.

:lol:

Sorry Jim, please dont pay any attention to these remarks! some folks are just confused.
Akme Guitars
Maverick

Postby Scumback Speakers » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:59 pm

No worries, maverick.
Scumback Demo Video
Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Next